In 15 plus years of clinical practice, I have dedicated my life to helping men & women tackle personal and professional challenges. I help my clients identify and transform self-defeating core beliefs into experiences that support healthy adult relationships and greater well-being. I was trained by Dr. Wendy Hill, who was personally trained by famed psychiatrist and hypnotherapist Dr. Milton H. Erickson. In addition to offering mindfulness-based therapy sessions, I have created an online mindfulness (MBSR) program.
How Journey Mindfulness Began
As a licensed professional counselor, mindfulness meditation teacher, hypnotherapist, reiki practitioner, father of two, and sports aficionado, I am a life-long truth seeker and healer. Through my own experiences with traveling, adventure, competetive sports, injuries, and anxiety, I went on a retreat to try to heal. I attended a Vipassana Meditation retreat that had a profound impact and rekindled my appreciation of the work of S.N. Goenka, and in the Western World Jon Kabat-Zinn, PhD and his Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program at the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Healthcare, and Society at the University of Massachusetts Medical School.
My therapy practice ranges from anxiety and anger management to elite sports performance. Incorporating faith, energy psychology, spirituality, and hypnotherapy with cognitive behavioral therapy through a holistic lens, I service communities like entrepreneurs, healthcare professionals, lawyers, realtors, and competitive athletes with a transformational approach to mindfulness to help bring greater awareness to your life so that you can create the life you want to live.
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor in Maryland
- Board Approved Supervisor for Licensed Graduate Professional Counselors
- Qualified Teacher of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Studied at the Center for Mindfulness at the University of California at San Diego School of Medicine
- Trained mPEAK Coach under the mentorship of Pete Kirchmer
- Master of Science in Counseling, The Johns Hopkins University
- Worked with the U.S. Peace Corps, teaching English in Bangladesh
- Studied at the Assumption University in Bangkok, Thailand and learned about World Religions & Thai Buddhism, with The Venerable Mettananda Bhikkhu, M.D.
- Studied History & Philosophy at Loyola University in Maryland with Dr. Drew Leder, M.D., Ph.D.