Discovering Peace of Mind
This online program is designed to develop resiliency, peace, relief, and life-transforming insights. Following video lectures, meditations, and exercises in the online learning platform, this 8 week program is a tour-de-force in building a calmer and healthier version of you.
A Research-Based Approach to Healing
The History of Mind Based Stress Reduction
Please watch this introductory video to the Mindfulness (MBSR) program designed by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn in 1979 with Florence Meleo-Meyer, MS, MA and Saki Santorelli, EdD, MA from the UMass Medical School Center for Mindfulness. It explains the history and success of the eight week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction program.
BENEFITS Of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction:
Three decades of published research indicates that the majority of people who complete MBSR courses report:
- Improved self-esteem
- An increased ability to relax
- Greater energy and enthusiasm for life
- Reductions in pain levels and an enhanced ability to cope with pain
- An ability to cope more effectively with both short and long-term stressful situations.
Mindfulness Is Not:
Mindfulness is not something that one gets or acquires. It is already within the human experience. A deep internal resource of attention, intention and mindset. That is available to us and is patiently waiting to be observed and used in the service of learning, growing, and healing.
The 4 Basic MBSR Practices Are:
- The Body Scan- mindful attention while lying down
- Mindful Walking- mindful attention in daily life and activities
- Mindful Sitting Meditation- mindful attention while sitting still
- Mindful Stretching- mindful attention while stretching or doing yoga
The Lessons Are Highly Participatory And Includes:
- Poetry and Articles
- Gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Audio’s with 22 practices and practice forms
- Daily home assignments- at least 45 minutes a day
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practice
- Inquiry exercises to enhance personal awareness in everyday life
- Instruction on stress response and stress hardiness models and research
Ready to Enroll?
Mind Based Stress Reduction
Pain. It is triggered by life and can manifest as anxiety and depression. It can be emotional, from heart-break or a life-altering event. There is also physical pain from an illness, an accident or other traumatic experience. It is part of our human condition, our common humanity, and a key ingredient to our growth.
However your pain originated, we want to teach you how to live through it, to take back your life, heal, and enjoy all the little moments that make your life full and meaningful. Simply put, we want to teach you to recognize your pain, control it, and ultimately make room for a more joy-filled life.
Journey Mindfulness is committed to helping its clients find their flow, enjoy all of life’s moments with equanimity and be present even during the toughest of times. Our Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) workshop is an evidence-based course designed by Jon Kabat-Zinn. Here you will learn to cultivate resilience, compassion, reduce pain, and increase your ability to be present in your life.
WHY GO THROUGH MBSR TRAINING?
Mindfulness training is a way of learning to consciously and systematically work with stress, pain, illness, and the challenges and demands of everyday life by not turning away from them but learning how to be resilient with and through them.
Mindfulness is already within the human experience. A deep internal resource of attention, intention and attitude that is available to us. Mindfulness is patiently waiting to be used in the service of learning, growing and healing.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) was founded by John Kabat Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center in 1979. MBSR has now spread to multiple populations including health professionals and medical and nursing students, as well as in numerous settings including work places and educational institutions.